Featured, Lists, Member offers, Miscellaneous, Recommendations, Restaurant news, The Best of
Your Guide to Fine Dining Alfresco In The UK This Summer
Awards, Featured, Lists, Member offers, Miscellaneous, Recommendations, The Best of
Fine Dining in Scotland
Chefs Recipe: Quinoa, Jerusalem Artichoke, Pomegranate and Smoked Almond Salad by Indigo at One Aldwych
Sitting in an enviable location right in the centre of Covent Garden, One Aldwych is London’s new world class destination for lovers of culture, fashion and food. We are delighted to share with our readers one of their signature recipes from the menu of Indigo Executive Chef Dominic Teague. Healthy yet substantial, a zesty and vibrant Quinoa salad, perfect for these warm summer days.
- 30g/1oz blanched peeled almonds
- 150ml/2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 150ml/2/3 cup olive oil
- 1tsp fine sea salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g/7oz Jerusalem artichoke, grated
- 100ml/1/2 cup water
- 150g/5oz quinoa
- 1 pomegranate and seeds
- 20g/1oz smoked almonds, chopped
- 2 slices preserved lemon, chopped
- Toast the almonds in a pan until they are a light golden brown colour and then soak them in almond milk overnight.
- The next day, simmer the soaked almonds and milk in a pan until it is reduced by half.
- Place in blender and if required, adjust the consistency with warm water to get a smooth paste.
- Gradually add the olive oil until it is completely incorporated.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the artichoke, water and season
- Cook on a low heat until tender.
- Boil the quinoa in plenty of salted boiling water for approximately 12 minutes until cooked.
- Drain and keep in the fridge until required.
- Spread the almond puree onto the plates.
- In a bowl, mix together the quinoa, the Jerusalem artichoke, 3/4 of the lemon dressing, half of the almonds and the pomegranate seeds, and season.
- Arrange on the plates and sprinkle the remaining almonds and pomegranate seeds around.
- Top with the preserved lemon and drizzle over the remaining lemon dressing.
The Restaurant: Indigo at One Aldwych, London, WC2B 4BZ | www.onealdwych.com | 0207 300 0400
One Aldwych is an award-winning contemporary luxury hotel in the heart of London. Set in buzzing Covent Garden, this exquisite, independent hotel offers creature comforts with five star service. Indigo is a relaxed, informal restaurant overlooking the buzzing lobby bar. Offering an innovative and thoughtful British menu with the finest seasonal ingredients carefully sourced from the British Isles. Dishes are inspired by suppliers such as Rhug Estate’s exceptionally good organic meat and renowned forager Yun Hider’s wild vegetables and herbs.
The Member Club Offer: Members and their guests receive a complimentary glass of Prosecco when having lunch Monday to Friday and dinner all week – click here for details
Find out more about the Luxury Restaurant Club – the UK’s largest fine dining club, where you can subscribe to enjoy instant rewards, invitations and insights from over 500 of the finest restaurants in the UK. Find out more here.