Design, Featured, Headliner, Hotels, Lifestyle Articles, Luxury Restaurant Guide Loves, Miscellaneous, Recommendations, Research, Restaurant news, Review, Special Report, Zeitgeist
Step Inside the all new Belmond Cadogan Hotel on its Opening Day
Etiquette, Lifestyle Articles, Miscellaneous, Recommendations, Research, Special Report
Business Dining Etiquette - The Ps and Qs to successful working lunches
Chef’s Recipe: Hot Turkey and Caramelised Onion Tart with Melting Stilton Cheese
Hot from the kitchen of Executive Chef Adam Gray from one of the City of London’s leading private member’s club – The Devonshire Club, this week’s recipe is an interesting alternative for a tart base. With a caramelised onion base, flaked turkey and warm melted Stilton… what’s not to love!
INGREDIENTS – Serves 4
- 4 x 9″ / 22cm Pre-cooked puff pastry discs
- 400g Caramelised onions (pre-bought caramelised onion marmalade will also do)
- 200g Stilton cheese
- 100ml Farrington’ Mellow Yellow rapeseed oil
- 200g Cooked turkey meat (flaked)
- 1/2 Bunch of rocket salad leaves (picked and washed)
- Spread the caramelised onion evenly over the pre-cooked puff pastry discs, leaving a 5mm gap from the edge of the pastry.
- Place the flaked, cooked turkey evenly on top of the caramelised onions.
- Crumble the Stilton cheese and then sprinkle evenly on top of the turkey meat.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 10-12 minutes until the Stilton cheese starts to melt.
- Remove the tart from the oven and scatter the rocket leaves over the top.
- Drizzle the rapeseed oil liberally over the tart and serve.
Alternatively, for the ultimate luxury lunch in the city, book a table at Number Five Restaurant at The Devonshire Club with The Luxury Restaurant Guide. If you are a Luxury Restaurant Club member you can enjoy the following: For breakfast and brunch, members and their guests receive a complimentary mimosa; For lunch and dinner, member receives a complimentary glass of champagne, house red or house white wine. Includes entrance to the Club. See details.
Download the Luxury Restaurant Guide FREE APP HERE and follow steps to join club.