Lifestyle Articles, Lists, Miscellaneous, Recommendations, The Best of
Where to dine in The Cotswolds - An insiders guide to the best restaurants
Luxury Restaurant Guide Loves, Miscellaneous, Private dining, Private Members Clubs, Recommendations, Review, The Best of
Dining, Club Class - Private Members Clubs with notable restaurants
Lobster and Cornish Crab Bisque by Gordon Ramsay
This week try your hand at a dish which is currently gracing the menu in one of London’s most iconic restaurants, The Savoy Grill. Provided by Gordon Ramsay Restaurants, this dish of Lobster and Cornish Crab Bisque with Brandy Butter is sure to impress.
Recipe: Lobster and Cornish Crab Bisque
- 1.25kg lobster heads
- 750g crab bodies
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 small carrot, chopped
- 1/2 stick celery, chopped
- 1 sprig flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small sprig thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 75g tomato purée
- Small pinch cayenne pepper
- 150ml brandy
- 150ml white wine
- 1 litre fish stock
- 1 litre chicken
- 1 litre double cream
- sea salt
- Crush the lobster heads and crab bodies with a mallet until they are well broken up.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and start to roast the lobster and crab bones, once started to roast well, add the onion, carrot and celery and cook over low heat. When the vegetables are lightly browned, add the parsley, thyme and bay leaf, stirring occasionally so they don’t stick. After about 5 minutes, stir in the tomato purée and cayenne pepper. Cookout the tomato paste, then add the brandy and wine, flambé to burn off the alcohol.
- Add the fish and chicken stock and bring up to the boil. Season lightly with sea salt. Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally and skimming off the scum. Add the cream and blend until smooth and pass through a fine chinois.
- Whip butter and mix in brandy to taste. Season and set into a dish.
- Poach lobsters, dice for garnish.
T: 0207 592 1600
FOR MORE FINR DINING INSPIRATION DOWNLOAD THE
LUXURY RESTAURANT GUIDE