Hotels, Luxury Restaurant Guide Loves, Member offers, Miscellaneous, New, New Openings, Zeitgeist
Minster Mill - Andrew Brownsword Hotels' latest luxury unveiling
Awards, Chef News, Lifestyle Articles, Luxury Restaurant Guide Loves, Luxury Restaurants Worldwide, Recommendations, Research, Restaurant news, The Best of, Trumpet Blowing, Zeitgeist
The World's Greatest Restaurant Guide: Les Grandes Tables du Monde
Chef’s Recipe: Vegetarian Wellington from the kitchen of Gordon Ramsay
In preparation for National Vegetarian Week next week (13th – 19th May 2019), this week’s recipe is a delicious meat-free alternative to this showstopper Sunday dish.
Skill level 3 (1 simple to 5 being complex and challenging)
For the Wellington mix
- 200g mushroom, diced
- 100g parsnips, chopped
- 1/2 egg beaten
- 20g hazelnut
- 30g panko breadcrumbs
- 5g tarragon
- 5g parsley
- 40g talegio cheese
- 2 Savoy cabbage leaves
- 1 crepe
- 1 puff pastry sheet, approx. A4 sized
- Sea salt flakes & pepper, for seasoning
- 1 tsp vegetable oil, for frying
For the crepe:
- 60g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 140ml milk
- Dice mushrooms and cook in a pan at a medium heat with a pinch of sea salt flakes and a teaspoon of oil.
- Boil your parsnips for approx. 5 minutes, before mashing and mixing with the mushrooms.
- Next, add your crushed hazelnuts, tarragon, panko, taleggio cheese, egg and blitz all together in a food processor.
- Blanch the Savoy cabbage leaves for 30 seconds, then refresh the leaves in iced water.
- To make the crêpe, whisk together the milk, flour & egg and season with salt & pepper.
- Cook the mix in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat, until golden on both sides.
- Spread your crepe out flat and layer the Savoy leaves on top of the crepe.
- Then, spoon the wellington mix on top, and roll the crepe and cabbage around so it covers the whole mix.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Egg wash the edges and inside of your pastry sheet and wrap around your wellington mix, folding the edges like a parcel. Chill again for another 20 minutes to hold its shape.
- Finally, egg wash and score the top of the pastry, and bake the whole Wellington at 220 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
- Rest for 15 minutes, carve and enjoy!
Alternatively, dine with the Luxury Restaurant Club and enjoy complimentary fizz at one of the Gordon Ramsay restaurants below (a complimentary cocktail of the week at Savoy Grill), see individual restaurants for details.
Download the Luxury Restaurant Guide FREE APP HERE and follow steps to join club.
Bread Street Kitchen – 10 Bread Street, Barbican, London, EC4M 9AJ
Heddon Street Kitchen – 3-9 Heddon Street, Mayfair, London, W1B 4BE
London House – 7-9 Battersea Village, Battersea, London, SW11 3RA
Maze Grill Park Walk – 11 Park Walk, Chelsea, London, SW10 0AJ
Maze Grill Royal Hospital Road – 79 Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 3QP
Petrus – 1 Kinnerton Street, London, SW1X 8ED
Plane Food – Terminal 5 Heathrow Airport, Wellington Road, Hounslow, London, TW6 2GA
Savoy Grill – Savoy Hotel, Strand, London, WC2R 0EU
The Narrow – 44 Narrow Street, Limehouse, London, E14 8DP