Chef's Recipe: Nationalistic guacamole with requesón and pomegranate by Martha Ortiz
Cocktail, Featured, Lifestyle Articles, Lists, Luxury Restaurant Guide Loves, Miscellaneous, Recommendations, Research, Ten of the best
Ten of London's Best Secret Summer Terraces
Chef’s Recipe : Spiedino of Sausages from Theo Randall at the Intercontinental
Spiedino of sausages with dandelion and canellini beans – Serves 2
Here is a great summer dish from the great Theo Randall. For this recipe it is important that you use fat, well-seasoned Tuscan sausages, which are made with a combination of cured and fresh meat. You can get them from most Italian delis. The bread on the rosemary sticks goes really crispy from the sausage fat and tastes great.
- 2 sturdy sticks of rosemary, 20cm long
- 6 x 2cm cubes sourdough bread
- 6 slices pancetta
- 4 Tuscan sausages, each cut across into 4 pieces
- 4 plum tomatoes, each cut into quarters
For the lentil salad :
- 400g tin of cooked canellini beans
- small handful of dandelion leaves
- 1/2 large radicchio, leaves separated
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Remove the leaves from the rosemary sticks, except for the leafy top.
- Wrap each cube of bread in a slice of pancetta. Thread the pieces of sausage, pancetta-wrapped bread and tomato quarters on to the rosemary sticks, alternating the ingredients and dividing them equally between the sticks.
- Lay the rosemary skewers on an oven tray or in a shallow ovenproof dish and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the bean salad. Combine the beans, dandelion and radicchio leaves and mint in a salad bowl. Dress with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and seasoning.
- Serve the skewers hot with the bean salad.
Alternatively, dine at Theo Randall at the Intercontinental to enjoy the daily changing menu inspired by Theo’s regular trips to Italy and dictated by the best seasonal ingredients available from the market each day. Enjoy a glass of Prosecco when dining with the Luxury Restaurant Guide. Simply, download the free Luxury Restaurant Guide app and follow steps to join the Club.