Tuna & Beef Tartare with Kimchi by Adam Handling
Cook at Home
Adam Handling, Chef at Belmond Cadogan Hotel in Chelsea and Frog in Covent Garden, has created this beautiful dish using two raw ingredients and allowing the the Kimchi of Korea and togarashi of Japan take it to another level.
For the Tartare
- 70g 5mm diced tuna
- 70g 5mm diced beef fillet
- 10g chopped chives
- 1 tbsp kimchi emulsion
- 1/2 tsp kimchi liquid
- crispy onions – pinch
- black sesame seeds – pinch
- togarashi – pinch
- edible flowers and micro herbs for garnish
For the kimchi emulsion
- dash of kimchi liquid, from a jar of kimchi
- 1/2 tsp harissa
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
For the soy-cured egg yolks
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml soy sauce
- Make the soy-cured eggs 12 hours before you plan to serve the dish by placing the 2 egg yolks in a container covered with the soy. The eggs will harden.
- Mix together the ingredients for the kimchi emulsion and add to a bowl with the tartare ingredients. Mix well, adjusting the seasoning to taste.
- To serve, place two metal rings on two plates and add the tartare mixture, pressing down gently.
- Carefully remove the rings and top each portion with micro herbs and edible flowers.
- Remove the egg yolks from the fridge, drain and pat dry, and finely grate over the top of the tartare.
- Serve immediately.
34/35 Southampton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 7HF
Cook at Home – Dine at Home – Dine at Restaurant
with the Luxury Restaurant Club
Not a member? Become a Luxury Restaurant Club Member to gain exclusive privileges at the UK’s most awarded restaurants, from £8 per month