Tandoori Lamb Chops from Chef Sameer Taneja at Michelin-starred restaurant Benares
Cook at Home
To start any spectacular Indian feast, take inspiration from the most popular starter at the iconic Benares Restaurant in Mayfair, London – Tandoori Lamb Chops. This champion dish has been winning over patrons since the restaurant’s star-making opening back in 2007.
For the lamb
- 6 lamb cutlets
For the marinade
- Dutch red chillies and piquillo pepper paste
- 20gm ginger
- 20gm garlic paste
- 15ml oil
- 10ml lemon juice
- 7gm papaya paste
- 15gm roasted gram flour
- 5gm Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 3gm turmeric powder
- 3gm salt
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients to make a paste and mix with the lamb cutlets.
- Marinate the lamb for at least two hours.
- Cook the lamb in a tandoor or oven at 200°c for 3-4 minutes (based on cutlets of 40gms).
- Rest the meat for 2 minutes and baste with butter and chaat masala.
Belmond Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Church Road, Great Milton, Oxfordshire, OX44 7PD
Cook at Home – Dine at Home – Dine at Restaurant
with the Luxury Restaurant Club
Not a member? Become a Luxury Restaurant Club Member to gain exclusive privileges at the UK’s most awarded restaurants, from £8 per month