Good Mood Crispy Chicken by Adam Handling
Cook at Home
What better reason to try Good Mood Crispy Chicken than because of its name! Happy Eating!
For the sticky sauce
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30g grated ginger
- 110g white sugar
- 50ml soy sauce
- 50g Gochujang
- 50ml rice vinegar
For the chicken
- 500g deboned chicken thighs, cut into pieces (leave the skin on)
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 50ml soy sauce
- 70g potato starch (N.B. can use corn flour or tapioca flour)
For the garnish
- Fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Fresh lime
To make the sauce
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and ginger and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until they’re softened.
- Pour in the sugar and dissolve.
- Add the Gochujang, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on a low heat, until the liquid has reduced. You want to achieve a spicy, sticky sauce.
To make the chicken
- Add the pepper and soy sauce to the chicken and leave to marinate for a few hours (it’s not essential but it adds to the overall depth of flavour).
- Cover the chicken in the potato starch, this will ensure a crispy texture.
- Fry the meat in a hot pan of oil. Remove almost all of the chicken and add 2 large tablespoons of sauce to the pan.
- Stir the sauce – the small amount of oil should loosen the sauce. Add the chicken and stir until all the pieces are evenly covered in sauce.
- Arrange the sticky chicken on a plate and serve with some fresh coriander leaves scattered on the top and lime wedges on the side.
Frog by Adam Handling, 34/35 Southampton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 7HF
Cook at Home – Dine at Home – Dine at Restaurant
with the Luxury Restaurant Club
Not a member? Become a Luxury Restaurant Club Member to gain exclusive privileges at the UK’s most awarded restaurants, from £8 per month