Luxury Restaurant Guide is the controller of the personal information you provide to us. If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Collection and use of Personal Information
We collect personal information when you become a member so that we can fulfill your membership, and in particular as follows:
- Name and address – this is so we can send membership packs out to membership categories where a welcome pack is provided on registration. We may also your name and address to recommend restaurants and applicable offers or events in the area you are in.
- Email address – this is so we can send membership confirmations and member offers and insights as per the services provided in your membership category, to notify you about changes to our service
- Telephone numbers – If there are problems with your membership we may need to contact you. For memberships which do not operate on an autorenewal basis we will use this to contact you to find out if you wish to renew
- Password – this is so we can keep your information secure and to make the website available to you
- Usage information – if you are a member of one of our partner Hotel Clubs we may keep details of your visits at that property in order to manage the Hotel Club, and if you book online we may hold a record of the bookings made
All personal data that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate. You must not register or buy a membership in someone else’s name. At our request, you shall promptly provide evidence of your identity. If you provide us with inaccurate or false data, and we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this. Please keep your log-in details confidential. You are responsible for all activity under your membership.
If you contact us we will collect the personal data you choose to share with us. We may keep a record of the correspondence and we may also record any telephone call we have with you.
Data we automatically collect
Legitimate Interest use of Personal Information
We may also use your personal data for our legitimate interests including to (a) prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our membership terms; (b) better understand our users, diagnose and fix problems you may have; (c) for our general business purposes (d) for regulatory and legal purposes (for example anti-money laundering); and (e) on an anonymous basis, for research purposes.
Who do we share your personal data with
For our legitimate interests, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, including customer relationship management platform providers, external IT service providers, payment providers, restaurant booking providers, business benefit providers, accountants, auditors and lawyers. Our Data Privacy Manager can provide you with contact details of our third parties upon request if required. You are able to do this by emailing our Data Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not disclose your information to any of the relevant third parties listed above for marketing purposes.
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
Under certain circumstances we may have to disclose your personal data as part of our legal obligations under applicable laws and/or regulations, for example, as part of anti-money laundering processes or protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety.
We will never sell your details to third parties.
We may provide aggregated user data to advertisers and advertising networks, but such data shall not include any personal information.
Some or all of your personal data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Union (the EU) for any reason, including for example, if our email server is located in a country outside the EU or if any of our service providers are based outside of the EU. You are deemed to accept and agree to this by submitting personal data to us. If we do store or transfer your personal data outside the EU, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EU and under applicable laws.
We may also use your personal data for our legitimate interests to send you marketing emails, texts or postal messages and materials about our services. You can choose to no longer receive such marketing materials from us by notifying us at email@example.com, selecting unsubscribe on the bottom of all email communications or within your account. If you do unsubscribe from marketing materials, it may take up to 5 business days for your new preferences to take effect.
We shall therefore retain your personal information in our records for marketing purposes for a period of five years after the last interaction with us. Where there has been a period of five years with no interaction your personal data will be retained only for crosschecking of new data and archiving purposes.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means, telephone or post with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties, such as participating restaurants or Bookatable, to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this or have a legitimate interest.
As is common with most sites, we will from time to time use ‘Cookies’ to help us gather information from people who visit our website. A cookie is a small data file that our server sends to your browser when you visit the site. You can delete cookies at any time or you can set your browser to reject or disable cookies. If you have a setting that does disable cookies some functions of our website may not work properly.
Most web browsers allow some user control of most cookies through browser settings. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
We do not connect the information collected through cookies with other information that is personally identifiable, unless required or permitted to do so by law or to enforce the Terms and Conditions.
We shall process your personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology. Where you have chosen a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
You have the right to obtain from us a copy of the personal data that we hold for you, and to require us to correct errors in the personal data that we process for you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We welcome these requests and aim to respond within 72 working hours of receipt. You also have the right at any time to require that we delete your personal data. To exercise these rights, or any other rights you may have under applicable laws, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Also note, if we action a deletion of your details from our records you run the risk of being re-added in the future.
Members of the Luxury Restaurant Club, or associated Hotel Membership Clubs where membership lapses, shall automatically be granted General membership to the Luxury Restaurant Guide. This level provides access to the website and app along with associated booking and search services but does not afford the member any privileges or benefits at restaurants. General membership shall be granted indefinitely but, where there has been a period of five years without interaction between the Luxury Restaurant Guide and the customer, the customer information is retained only for crosschecking of new data and archiving purposes.
Last updated: April 2018