Miscellaneous, New Openings, Private dining, Research, Restaurant news, Special Report, Zeitgeist
Crowded House - How to get a table at the most in-demand restaurants
Chef's Recipe : Tuna Tartare from Adam England at Hans' Bar & Grill, 11 Cadogan Gardens
Chef’s Recipe: How to cook scrambled eggs, MasterChef style
We’re not teaching you how to suck eggs … just how to scramble them. But then this is scrambled eggs, the quick and easy breakfast favourite, in delicious Gordon Ramsay Masterchef style:
- 6 cold eggs
- 15g butter
- Salt and pepper
- Crème fraîche
- Crack 6 cold eggs into a deep saucepan.
- Add the butter. For smaller batches, use a 2-to-1 eggs-to-butter ratio.
- Put the pan on high heat.
- Stir continuously with a rubber spatula—don’t whisk—making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- After 30 seconds, take the pan off the heat. Keep stirring. After about 10 seconds, put back on the heat. Repeat for 3 minutes.
- In the last minute, season the eggs lightly. For extra creamy texture, stir in 1 tsp of crème fraîche.
- Plate and garnish with chopped chives.
Don’t feel like getting your hands dirty? Let the chefs do the work for you – book a table at Heddon Street Kitchen and enjoy a complimentary glass of fizz. Download the Luxury Restaurant Guide FREE app here and join the club!