Christmas, Lists, Luxury Restaurant Guide Loves, Member offers, Menu Spotlight, Miscellaneous
The Festive Guide to the Best Pre-Christmas Dining
Charity, Christmas, Cookery Schools, Gift vouchers and experiences, Lifestyle Articles, Michelin, Miscellaneous, Private Members Clubs, The Best of
Gourmet Gifting for Xmas - Five of the best Hampers, Gift Vouchers, Experiences and Clubs
Chef’s Recipe: Chocolate Truffles from Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons
Fresh from the kitchen at the world-famous Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Chef Raymond Blanc OBE has provided the ultimate chocolate-treat recipe, perfect for Christmas gifting this festive season. The truffles can be flavoured to your wishes (see suggested variations below), prepared a week in advance and kept in the fridge, voila!
Skill level 3 (1 simple to 5 being complex and challenging)
Serves: Makes 50 – 60 truffles
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 335g 70% Valrhona Chocolate
- 340ml UHT whipping cream
- 40g Honey
- 70g Butter, cubed
- 500g Tempered chocolate
- Cocoa powder
Melt the chocolate to around 40°C. Once melted bring the cream and honey to the boil. Gradually whisk in the honey and cream mix to the melted chocolate. When the mix is around 35-40°C use a spatula to mix in the butter and any alcohol if required. Pour the mixture into a mould and allow to set completely in the fridge. Once cooled, remove from the mould and cut into required shapes, coat with tempered chocolate and roll in cocoa powder.
- Flavour it with your choice of alcohol where stated
- Or infuse the cream with a flavour before adding it to the chocolate: Earl Grey tea; fresh mint, cinnamon etc.
- Fuse 40g Earl Grey tea for 1 minute then pour through a sieve, measure cream and top up to 340g
- Remove the cream completely and replace with raspberry puree
- If you prefer milk chocolate to the dark use 500g of 40% Valrhona milk chocolate instead
- White chocolate lovers use 650g of Valrhona white chocolate instead
- If you want to flavour using alcohol such as brandy, remove 30ml of cream and add brandy
Alternatively, why not push the boat out and treat your loved one to a delicious dining experience at Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons with the Luxury Restaurant Club and enjoy a 10% reduction from the food bill. See details here. Download the Luxury Restaurant Guide free app here.