1. The Luxury Restaurant Guide (LRG) is owned and operated by Vision Marketing Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 03749057 and with our registered office at Spinnaker House, 48 High Street, Bagshot, Surrey GU19 5AW. Our VAT number is 760 808 816.
3. We may update these Terms from time to time at our discretion for technical or legal reasons, or because the needs of our business have changed. Unless the change made to the Terms is a legal requirement, you are bound by the Terms in force at the time you first join LRG. You should therefore review these Terms before you renew your LRG membership.
Becoming a member
4. There are 3 membership levels, General, Club and Hotel. There is no fee for General membership, but fees are due for Club and Hotel.
5. You must be at least 18 years old to become a member. You can purchase membership online or by telephone. You can purchase an annual subscription or a monthly rolling subscription. The fees for each subscription are set out on our website and are subject to change at any time. If you have a monthly subscription we shall also notify you by email of any change to your monthly subscription fee. You can pay your subscription fee by debit or credit card.
6. If you have purchased an annual Club [or Hotel] subscription, we shall send you a welcome pack including a membership card to the address you provided on registration. You should receive your welcome pack within 5 working days of payment. If you do not receive your welcome pack within such time, please contact us within 30 days of payment to request a replacement. If you contact us more than 30 days after payment, we reserve the right to charge you a £12 reissue fee and your membership card will be reissued with the same original expiry date.
7. If you have purchased an annual or monthly Club [or annual Hotel] subscription we shall send you a welcome email with details of how to download your digital card. Your membership will start on or shortly after the date we receive your first subscription fee payment. Therefore, you should download your digital card as soon as possible to take full advantage of your membership. When you download your digital card, you should sign-in using the ID details that we provide to you. You are responsible for keeping your ID confidential and you are responsible for any activity under your account.
8. Unless you renew your Club [or Hotel] membership, your annual membership will expire on the date set out on your digital or plastic card, and your monthly membership will expire on the date set out on your digital card if you fail to pay a monthly subscription fee when due. You will then become a General member allowing full use of the LRG website and app including online booking and search facilities. Please note, that General membership does not include any membership benefits when dining at the restaurants.
Cancellation of your membership
9. You may cancel your Club [or Hotel] membership within 14 days of the first date of your membership and obtain a refund provided that you have not used your membership card (including your digital card). However, you agree that your Club [or Hotel] membership starts immediately. Therefore, we are entitled to deduct £10 from your refund of Club membership, or £25 from your refund of Hotel membership to cover the value of your membership up to the point that you cancel and in respect of the administration and postage costs of the membership card if you have an annual subscription.
10. You must return to us your Club [or Hotel] membership card and your Club [or Hotel] membership pack within 14 days of the date you notify us that you wish to cancel and we reserve the right to charge you any costs incurred by us in enforcing this obligation.
11. After the 14-day period set out in Condition 9, annual subscriptions are not refundable. You can cancel a monthly subscription on 1 month’s notice by contacting us at email@example.com.
12. You can cease to become a General member at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. To exercise your right to cancel any membership, you should email us at email@example.com.
14. Lost or stolen membership cards must be reported to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. An administration charge of £12 may be incurred to provide a replacement card. We are unable to replace any vouchers contained in the welcome pack that are lost.
15. Club [or Hotel] Membership enables members to take advantage of offers, added value and/or benefits at participating restaurants. Members must check the LRG website before booking a restaurant to see the offers available at each restaurant, together with applicable exclusions. Benefits are generally not available on 14 February, Mother’s Day and 25, 26, 31 December.
16. You must mention your membership or digital card when booking by telephone at the participating restaurant, and you must show your membership card or digital card when you request the bill for reductions, or on arrival where the applicable offer is welcome drinks. Membership benefits will automatically be applied when booking online when you are logged in as a member though the LRG app or website. You will receive a confirmation email to advise you that benefits will be applied.
17. Your membership card cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and only 1 membership card can be used per table.
18. Membership, and membership cards, are personal to the member and are therefore not transferable. This means that you cannot give or lend your card to another person to use.
Liability and disclaimer – Your attention is particularly drawn to these provisions
19. We use our best endeavours to keep the information on LRG website up-to-date and complete. But, you acknowledge and agree that (a) we are dependent on the restaurants providing to us all appropriate information, and changes to such information; (b) restaurants may withdraw, cancel, vary or in any way change at any time without notice, any discount, reward, restaurant, meal validity period, or other benefit previously offered or expressed as available to you as a member; and (c) restaurants may cease to belong to LRG at any time.
20. Accordingly, we shall not be liable to you if (a) a particular restaurant ceases to participate in LRG or ceases to offer any particular benefit of membership to LRG; and/or (b) the benefits or exclusions information on LRG website for a restaurant are not current and/or are incomplete.
21. You agree that (a) we are not liable in respect of the food, drink or other services provided by the restaurants or any failure by a restaurant to provide a discount or other benefit to you; and (b) we cannot become involved in any dispute between you and any restaurant.
22. Our maximum liability to you for any losses, costs, claims or expenses in relation to your membership of LRG shall not exceed fee paid by you for membership over the previous 12-month period.
23. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
Termination or Suspension
24. We may suspend or terminate a membership if (a) you have breached any provision of these Terms in particular in relation to transfer or sharing of the membership card; (b) we cannot verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; and/or (c) we determine that your conduct could damage our reputation. If your membership is terminated you may not re-register under a different name.
26. If you have any complaint or wish to raise a dispute under these Terms or otherwise in relation to LRG please follow this link http://ec.europa.eu/odr
27. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Terms applicable if you Download the LRG App from the Apple iTunes App Store
28. We both acknowledge that these Terms are concluded between you and us only, and not with Apple, and therefore, we, not Apple, are solely responsible for the App and the content thereof.
29. The licence granted to you for the App is limited to a non- transferable licence to use the App on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms and Conditions.
30. We, not Apple, are solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the App, as specified in these Terms. We both acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
31. We are solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed in these Terms. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price (if any) for the App to you. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be our sole responsibility.
32. We both acknowledge that we, not Apple, are responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third-party relating to the App or your use or possession of the App, including, but not limited to (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
33. We both acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringes that third-party’s intellectual property rights, we, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
34. You represent and warrant that (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
35. We both acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and that, upon acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
Last updated: April 2018