Salt and Pink Pepper Prawns with Lime Mayonnaise at The Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay
Cook at Home
Love prawns, then you’ll love this. Gordon Ramsay Restaurants give you a quick and simple lesson in how to make Chinese-style Salt and Pink Peppercorn Prawns. Makes a perfect appetizer or snack.
For the Prawns
- 500g raw, peeled king prawns
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the lime mayonnaise
- 100g mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind the peppercorns and salt into a coarse powder.
- Put the lime zest and juice into a large bowl, then stir in the olive oil and pink pepper mixture.
- Add the prawns and, using clean hands, toss gently until they are well coated.
- Mix the mayonnaise and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium–high heat and, when very hot, add the prawns. Cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring regularly, until all the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Tip the prawns onto a platter, sprinkle with the coriander and serve immediately with the lime mayonnaise and a big green salad.
Chef’s Tip: Pink peppercorns aren’t technically peppercorns at all; they’re actually a type of berry, but they have a peppery taste and aroma, and, although a bit milder, can be used in many of the same dishes as regular pepper.
The Lucky Cat, 10 Grosvenor Square, London W1K 6JP
Cook at Home – Dine at Home – Dine at Restaurant
with the Luxury Restaurant Club
Not a member? Become a Luxury Restaurant Club Member to gain exclusive privileges at the UK’s most awarded restaurants, from £8 per month