Chef's Recipe: Rhubarb Soufflé by Raymond Blanc
Chef News, Recipes
Chef's Recipe: Spring Green Wraps by Gordon Ramsay
Chef’s Recipe : Warm Chocolate Cake from Cakes & Bubbles at Hotel Café Royal
Show someone you love them with this incredible dish; or simply just indulge if Eros hasn’t aimed his arrow at you recently. Enjoy Valentine’s Day your way. You will melt hearts with this perfect love drug – Warm Chocolate Cake from Cakes & Bubbles, the first restaurant outside of Spain by Albert Adria of legendary elBulli fame, now at the luxurious Hotel Café Royal. Delicious!
Warm Chocolate Cake – Makes 6
- 25g best quality hazelnut paste from Italy
- 25g hazelnut praline
- 10g toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1g salt
- 13g cocoa butter
Ganache cream insert
- 80g dark chocolate
- 130g whipping cream
For lining the six 7x4cm rings :
- 3 table spoons of any gluten free flour
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
Cake mix (mouse)
- 38g dark, but silky good quality chocolate (we use Valhrona 62%)
- 29g butter
- 7.6g cocoa powder
- 78.4g eggs
- 45g sugar
- For the hazelnut crunch, blitz all the ingredients together and spread a thin layer onto a sheet of greaseproof paper. Place in the freezer. Once frozen, cut into 7cm circles and keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Heat the cream in a pot and pour over the chocolate. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth and silky. Pour 30g into each of six 6cm silicone ring mould (about 1.5cm), and freeze.
- In a bowl mix 3 tbsp of any gluten free flour and 1 tsp cocoa powder. Line 6 rings (7x4cm) with baking paper, brush with melted butter and dust with the flour and cocoa mix.
- Heat the oven to 220’C.
- To make the cake mix, place the eggs and sugar into a bowl. Whisk on a medium speed until light and shiny.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, then sieve in the cocoa powder. Once the mixture reaches 40’C, slowly fold in 1/3 of the egg mix. Add the remaining egg mix until smooth and well combined.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag and cut off the tip (to get a 3mm hole). Pipe a layer of cake mix on the bottom of the ring, then place a circle of frozen chocolate ganache and press gently. Cover with a thin layer of cake mix.
- Place the cakes in the oven for 11 minutes.
- Serve immediately with hazelnut crunch and vanilla ice cream on the side
Dine at Cakes & Bubbles
For more jaw dropping, mouth-watering and utterly sensational desserts to eat in, or take out you simply must head to Cakes & Bubbles. Eat in with the Luxury Restaurant Club and enjoy a complimentary glass of champagne for each person in your party, see details. Simply, download the free Luxury Restaurant Guide app and follow steps to join the club here.
Take a look at more sensational dishes to enjoy at Cakes & Bubbles: