Cookery Schools, Recipes
Chef's Recipe: Seafood Paella from SEASON Cookery School at Lainston House
Asian Cuisine, Chinese New Year, Events, Lists, Miscellaneous, Ten of the best, The Best of
Chinese New Year - Celebrate at one of London's Top Ten Chinese Restaurants
Chef’s Recipe: Salt and Pink Pepper Prawns with Lime Mayonnaise by Gordon Ramsay
Love prawns, then you’ll love this. Gordon Ramsay Restaurants give you a quick and simple lesson in how to make Chinese-style Salt and Pink Peppercorn Prawns. Makes a perfect appetizer or snack.
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 500g raw, peeled king prawns
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
For the lime mayonnaise
- 100g mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind the peppercorns and salt into a coarse powder.
- Put the lime zest and juice into a large bowl, then stir in the olive oil and pink pepper mixture.
- Add the prawns and, using clean hands, toss gently until they are well coated.
- Mix the mayonnaise and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium–high heat and, when very hot, add the prawns. Cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring regularly, until all the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Tip the prawns onto a platter, sprinkle with the coriander and serve immediately with the lime mayonnaise and a big green salad.
Tips: Pink peppercorns aren’t technically peppercorns at all; they’re actually a type of berry, but they have a peppery taste and aroma, and, although a bit milder, can be used in many of the same dishes as regular pepper.
Alternatively, dine at Lucky Cat by Gordon Ramsay, his Asian Eating House in Grosvenor Square, London. This dish isn’t on the menu, but for something similar there are Tempura Salt and Pepper Prawns with lime on the a la carte menu (£14). Dine with the Luxury Restaurant Club to enjoy extra privileges when dining out at over 500 leading restaurants in the UK. For details, download the free Luxury Restaurant Guide app here and follow steps to join the club.